Current Information in English
Dear participants, Dear lecturers,
after the corona-related interruption, the course operation of the VHS started again with a very limited degree. Despite all the restrictions, we are happy that we can start again or continue.
Here are some important tips:
- For access to most VHS buildings, you will receive an ID card from your lecturer in the first lesson. With this, please identify yourself briefly to the security staff on an annual course day. In order to gain access to the first first lesson of the course, please log in to the security staff. If you attend a one-to-one session or a weekend seminar, you will not have an admission card. Please report to the security staff before the start of the meeting. This access control is gilded for the following VHS buildings: VHS study house at Neumarkt, Chorweiler, Lindenthal, Mülheim, Nippes and Porz as well as the teaching locations in schools. The public buildings KOMED in the Mediapark and the FORUM adult education center in the Museum am Neumarkt remain without ID card perception.
- There will be no printed program for the coming semester. The preparation of such a booklet requires planning security, which is not given under the current circumstances.
- The complete range of courses will be available for browsing and booking on this page from Monday, August 3rd. Then secure your place.
- Nor will you be re-registering for the next course as usual for the next semester.
- Basically we strive for catch-up or replacement appointments. If you are not interested in it, i.e. do not want to attend a later date, you can cancel your participation in the course here and your course fees will be calculated or reduced based on the fee and usage regulations.
- The teaching facilities have been made suitable for the conditions under Corona. An extensive hygiene concept has been developed and implemented in close coordination with the city crisis team. This sophisticated concept ensures hygiene and safety, so that lessons are possible again under special conditions.
- The customer center in the Studienhaus am Neumarkt is also open to the public again - but only by appointment.
- The professional advice (advice on professional development, specialist advice on the recognition of professional qualifications acquired abroad, educational bonus, educational check NRW) also takes place again in the KOMED; a prior appointment is also required there.
- Some integration courses are already taking place during the summer holidays. Further courses will start on August 17th. Advice on this only takes place after telephone registration. For the other German courses, advice will initially only be given by email.
- There is an online test for English and the Romance languages followed by telephone advice.
With kind regards
Your Volkshochschule Köln
Status: 21 August 2020